That's why donating to the Friends of Extension Foundation is more critical than ever. Your support will help Douglas and Sarpy county youth and adults continue to make the best better in their own backyards.
In the past year, thanks to your support, we've been able to make an impact in the following ways:
- Urban Agriculture initiative, focused on new plant starts for educational gardening.
- Early childhood education called Learning with Nature.
- Stephen’s Center 4-H garden project.
- Leadership education for the 4-H ambassador program.
- Weather Station, housed at the extension office, provides up-to-date horticulture weather information to the community.
- Chuck Blanchard Demonstration Garden support, located at the extension office.
- Support for all the horticulture demonstration gardens in Douglas and Sarpy Counties including: Veterans Home, Hospice House garden, Walnut Creek, Health Center, Eastern Nebraska 4-H Center, the Bee garden and the Hope garden.
- Production of a new garden journal for the community.
- Douglas County Fair support for Extension Educational presentations teaching food safety, using a blender bike to teach nutrition and ask the Master Gardener.
- Extension office general support.
May 20, 2020 marks Omaha Gives!, a 24-hour online fundraising event organized by the Omaha Community Foundation. The goal is to raise support for nonprofits in Douglas, Sarpy and Pottawattamie Counties. It is a community-wide event to show off the area’s spirit of giving, raise awareness about local nonprofits, and celebrate the collective effort it takes to make this community great. Since 2013, this community give-together has raised $49 million for more than 1,000 nonprofits
You can help us continue to make a difference in our community by scheduling your gift beginning May 1 or making a donation on May 20. Have more fun–give both ways!